[3DEM] Attention: Cryo-EM Faculty Position at UCSF

David Agard agard at msg.ucsf.edu
Thu Oct 20 09:32:41 PDT 2005

Structural Biology Faculty Position

Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, UCSF

The Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics seeks candidates for a
tenure track faculty position, preferably at the Assistant Professor
level. We seek exceptional individuals with strong interests in cryo-
EM or other areas of structural biology. The Department of
Biochemistry and Biophysics, and affiliated departments, have very
active programs in these areas, utilizing a wide array of methods
including x-ray crystallography, NMR and cryo-EM Tomography. We wish
to complement the faculty with an individual who uses state-of the-
art technology to tackle an important biological problem.

The search will be conducted by the Biochemistry Department in
conjunction with other interested departments. Candidates are
expected to hold a Ph.D. or M.D. degree, or equivalent, and to have
demonstrated achievement in their fields. The successful candidate
will be expected to establish a dynamic research program and to be an
excellent teacher in both graduate and professional school courses.
The successful candidate will be eligible for membership in the
Program in Biological Sciences (PIBS), including individual programs
in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Biophysics, and Chemistry and Chemical
Biology.

Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a 1 -2 page summary of
research accomplishments, a 1 -2 page description of future research
plans, and copies of major publications. Applicants should also have
three to five letters of recommendation forwarded to the search
committee. The address for submission of all materials is:
Structure Biology Search Committee

Attn: Joyce Ramponi (ramponi at msg.ucsf.edu)

Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics

University of California

San Francisco, CA 94143-2240

Applications received after December 31, 2005 may not be considered.
Our department is eager to diversity its faculty and we encourage
women and minorities to apply. The University of California, San
Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

David A. Agard, Ph.D.
Scientific Director, QB3
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
University of California at San Francisco
600 16th Street,   room S412
San Francisco, CA     94143-2240  (94107 for direct ship, FedEX,UPS)

(415) 476-2521  Phone    E-mail:    agard at msg.ucsf.edu
(415) 476-1902  FAX    Web:    http://www.msg.ucsf.edu/agard