[3DEM] Postdoctoral position available in New York

Hernando Sosa hsosa at aecom.yu.edu
Tue Jun 21 11:41:17 PDT 2005

*POST-DOCTORAL POSITION*

A post-doctoral position is available in the Sosa laboratory to study
macromolecular assemblies using cryo-electron microscopy and
single-particle image analysis techniques. We employ a variety of
approaches such as site-directed mutagenesis, cryo-electron microscopy
and single molecule fluorescence microscopy to investigate biological
motors at the molecular level. For this position experience in electron
microscopy and/or image analysis is highly desirable.

We have a full electron microscopy facility to cover all aspects of
electron microscopy including a Tecnai 200 cryo-electron microscope
equipped with a 2K by 2K ccd camera, film scanners, a Vitrobot unit for
flash freezing, a high pressure freezing unit, several computer
wokstations for image analysis (Linux, Windows and Apple OSX) and other
support equipment. We also have access to the cryo-electron microscopy
facility at the
New York Structural Biology Center, which houses several
state-of-the-art microscopes (200 & 300 kV FEG).

Our laboratory is located in the Albert Einstein College of medicine in
New York City, which offers excellent opportunities for scientific
interaction within the college and with many other scientific
institutions in the New York area.

Interested candidates please send a letter (or email), CV and reference
names to:

--
Hernando Sosa
email	hsosa at aecom.yu.edu