Auro Thioglucose

Henning Stahlberg HStahlberg at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jan 10 12:00:04 PST 2005

Hello,

Auro Thioglucose seems not to be available on the planet any more,
except for the valuable treasures in the fridges of very dear
colleagues.... (Thanks, Manfred!).
There is, however, a company in South Africa, which might be able to
synthesize this stain again. In order to start doing so, they would
need a larger demand than just one or two labs, since they would have
to get into synthesizing Thioglucose, which is a longer and complicated
process, I was told.

Synthon (Pty) Ltd. is run by Dr. Roy Bond, see:
http://www.synthon.co.za/gold.html

In order to demonstrate the market for Auro Thioglucose, I therefore
would like to encourage interested potential customers to contact Dr.
Roy Bond from Synthon (email: inquiries at synthon.co.za, phone: +27 21
975 3401), asking about the availability of Auro Thioglucose.

If you CC me on such an email, I would collect interested labs and we
could issue a common bigger order. This might also allow better
pricing, hopefully.

All the best,

Henning.

Henning Stahlberg, Ph.D.,
Molecular & Cellular Biology, Briggs Hall 115B,
UC-Davis, 1 Shields Ave., Davis, CA 95616, USA
Tel: +1 (530) 752 82 82      Fax: +1 (530) 752 30 85
mailto:HStahlberg at ucdavis.edu
http://www.amp.ucdavis.edu