[3DEM] Vitrobot and a Question?

s.tilley at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk s.tilley at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Feb 15 02:40:22 PST 2005

Hi all,

I've also had similar experiences to Bob. I use liposomes which start in size
from ~100 nm upwards in my cryoEM experiments, and it is normal to find them
huddled together at the edge of a hole  where the ice is thicker than in the
centre of the hole. I use manual blotting and a gravity plunger.

When freezing I also aim to have an ice thickness gradient across the grid, as
I'd rather have a smaller area that I can use than none at all.

regards

Sarah