Trouble using USGS data

Birgit Woods birgit_woods at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 12:53:48 PDT 2004

Hi 3DEM,
I am a Master's Student at Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada, and I am working on creating 3D rendered images of Antarctic terrain. I downloaded 3DEM and was eager to use it, however, 3DEM does not seem to recognize the Tiff files provided by the USGS. I am looking at LIDAR data from Antarctica. The data are publicly available from the following website:http://usarc.usgs.gov/antarctic_atlas/filedwnld4lidar-ns.html
Specifically, I was working with the Victoria (80mb) tiff elevation model.
If you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Birgit Woods