Gatan Camera vacuum leak

Shi, Dan (NIH/NCI) shid at mail.nih.gov
Thu Mar 11 07:07:56 PST 2004

Bob,

If you don't need high quality image from the CCD, you could try to warm up
the CCD overnight and leave it at room temperature for recording image, it
might be able to get ride of trapped water on the camera. Otherwise, you
could try to warm up the CCD before you change your plates to see if it
makes the vacuum better during inserting the camera. If both methods don't
work out, you may need to call Gatan to check any leak on the seal O-ring or
on the metal box (most unlikely).

Good luck.

Dan Shi
NIH/NCI Lab of Cell Biology