What's up with Quantifoil grids ?

Hernando Sosa hsosa at aecom.yu.edu
Wed Jun 16 11:00:32 PDT 2004

Hi,

I wonder from which distributors people are getting quantifoil grids. We
have gotten them from EM sciences and SPI in the past. However, this is
the second time that when trying to place an order we are advised that
they are back-ordered  and that it will take over 6 months to get them
!!. Trying to get to the quantifoil, web site (www.quantifoil.com)
gives an error (missing link).
It does look to me that the production of quantifoils is very spotty and
may be prone to disappear altogether. Is there any alternative (other
than making your own holey grids with randomly distributed holes).

Regards

Hernando

Hernando Sosa
Dept. of Physiology and Biophysics