glow discharger

Dr. Ulrich Gohlke u.gohlke at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Mon Jan 19 07:27:13 PST 2004

Dear all,

  we would like to buy a new glow discharger in order to have separate
units for usual discharging and the treatment with pentylamine. The one
we have is an old Biorad discharger (PT 2400), which is nice although
the potentiometer for the "power" is knackered, and there don't seem to
be any spare parts available. Biorad don't seem to make dischargers
anymore, so I was wondering if anyone of you has recently acquired a
glow discharger and if they could give me some advice (make, price etc.)?
What we need is a fairly basic model (no built-in mp3 player
required...) for a medium-sized group, and which can be easily maintained.

Thanks very much in advance,

 Uli

Dr. Ulrich Gohlke
Birkbeck College