FEG microscope problems

hainfeld at bnl.gov hainfeld at bnl.gov
Thu May 8 11:15:15 PDT 2003

this may not be the right ans, but:
field emitters have electrons coming off of low work function crystal
surfaces.  the tip is usually 111 oriented W.  But emission comes from the
other surrounding planes, and if not blocked will focus to multiple beams.
J. Hainfeld

Dr. James F. Hainfeld  *  hainfeld at bnl.gov
Brookhaven National Laboratory  *  Biology Dept.  *  Bldg. 463  *  Upton,
NY  11973   USA
Tel.  631-344-3372  *  Fax. 631-344-3407
website: http://bnlstb.bio.bnl.gov/biodocs/stem/stem.html

with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list