em2em / tdl format

Michael Schatz michael at ImageScience.de
Thu Jan 16 07:04:34 PST 2003

  Dear All,

It is our philosophy to continuously update and further polish the EM2EM
program (which started as a "present" from Image Science to the EM
scientific community). EM2EM converts to and from "all" standard
formats in use in electron microscopy; and to and from some generic
image processing formats like TIFF which can be read and written by
virtually all general (non-EM) image processing software packages.

Please thus keep us informed about problems you encounter during such
conversions. It is equally essential that software developers keep us
informed about modifications or extensions to their respective EM formats
for obvious reasons. Emails on such issues can be addressed to the email
account especially created for the purpose (em2em at ImageScience.de).
When such issues arise we try to update the em2em program as soon as
possible.

In the case of the ongoing discussion on the "tdl" format in the 3DEM
mailing list, this format appears to be a format, which the ZEISS scanner
used as internal intermediate format, NOT intended for export. It thus
appears to make no sense to include "tdl" as an extra option in EM2EM.

Best regards,
Michael

 michael at ImageScience.de
   www.ImageScience.de