carbon-loving samples

Sacha De Carlo Sacha.DeCarlo at lau.unil.ch
Tue Oct 29 23:03:34 PST 2002

Dear Eva,

why not try poly-lysine ? It helped to overcome agregation, and
particles  spread better within the hole (not on carbon), it helps also
when you have a strongly preferred orientation ...

Yours,

Sacha

Le mardi 29 octobre 2002, à 08:25 PM, Eva Nogales a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> For those of you that have worked with a sample that liked to stick to
> the carbon when doing cryo, is there anything you tried that relieved
> the problem? We've heard of glow discharging with amyl amine, but also
> that it carries potential health threats. Any ideas that we could try
> would be MOST appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Eva Nogales
> --
>
> Eva Nogales
> Howard Hughes Medical Institute
> Molecular and Cell Biology Department, LSA 355 #3200
> University of California, Berkeley
> Berkeley, CA 94720-3200
>
> Phone: (510) 642-0557		Fax: (510) 642-8806			 enogales at lbl.gov
> (510) 643-6411		Teresa Tucker, Assistant to Eva Nogales
>
> Assistant Professor, UC Berkeley and Lawrence Berkeley Natl. Lab

=======================================
De Carlo Sacha
Centre de Microsopie Electronique
27, rue du Bugnon
CH-1005 LAUSANNE
Tél.  0041 21 6925051
URL. http://www.unil.ch/lau/DeCarlo.html
with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list