job- researcher

Tim Booth Tim_Booth at hc-sc.gc.ca
Fri Oct 4 09:19:00 PDT 2002

To Whom it may concern:

I have a position available for someone with a research interest related to
virus or bacterial structure and morphogenesis or pathogenesis.   I am
looking for someone  with their own research project that utilises EM, as
well as being able to work in collaboration with other users here.  The
focus is on infectious disease research, both basic and applied, and in
addition to provide the emergency capability to diagnose, characterise and
identify new or emerging infectious disease agents, including analysis of
suspicious substances and materials.    Its a great opportunity for someone
to develop their career.  Someone with the interests and ability to do
cryo-TEM and 3-D structure would be ideal.   The person would also have
technical help (which they would be responsible for hiring and/or training)
and would oversee  management of  a new cryo-TEM facility here (Tecnai 20).
In addition, we have an active group of Dr Frank Plummer here who work on
HIV and have interests in working on EM structures.  Persons with research
experience in any branch of structural biology may apply, though they would
have to work on  problems related to infectious disease pathogenesis.

The facilities and support here are first-class and the salary will be
competitive (depending on experience).   I would be greateful if you could
forward this to anyone interested and ask them to contact me.

best regards,
Tim

Dr. Tim Booth,
   Chief, National Laboratory for Diagnostic Virology,
   Health Canada, National Microbiology Laboratory,
   1015 Arlington St, Winnipeg R3E 3M4, Canada
   Tel (204) 789 2022
   Fax (204) 789 2082
   Cell: (204) 794 5162
   Office (204) 789 6058
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hpb/lcdc/fedlab/
http://www.nml.ca/

with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list