UCSF Faculty Position in CryoEM

David A. Agard agard at msg.ucsf.edu
Sun Nov 3 12:23:33 PST 2002

Dear Colleague:

The department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at UCSF now has an open
Faculty search for a  tenure-track Assistant Professor position in
structural biology with emphasis on studying large macromolecular
complexes by single particle cryo-EM.  This opening is part of a
massive hiring effort at UCSF as a consequence of our new Mission Bay
campus.

UCSF provides and exciting environment to pursue state-of-the art
research in a supportive environment rich in collaborative
opportunities. We are well equipped in all aspects of structural
biology and electron microscopy having superb facilities for X-ray
crystallography (50% share of a beamline at the ALS), NMR, cryo-EM,
and computational biology. For cryo-EM we have a new Tecnai 20 with a
4kx4k CCD and a new Tecnai 30 FEG, Helium, GIF with 4kx4k CCD.

Please  bring this opportunity to the attention of appropriate
candidates or forward their names and e-mails to me.

Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a 1 -2 page summary of
research accomplishments, a 1 -2 page description of future research
plans, and copies of major publications. Applicants should also have
three to five letters of recommendation forwarded to the chair of the
search committee. The address for submission of all materials is:

Faculty Search Committee
Attn: Kathleen Yamamoto
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
University of California
San Francisco, CA 94143-0448

Thank you.
--

David A. Agard
Scientific Director, QB3
Phone:	(415)-476-2521			agard at msg.ucsf.edu
Fax:	(415)-476-1902
	http://www.msg.ucsf.edu/agard/agard.html
with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list