Postdoctoral Position in Cryo EM/Crystallography

Niko Grigorieff niko at brandeis.edu
Wed Mar 27 08:13:22 PST 2002

          Post-doctoral position at Brandeis University

A post-doctoral position is immediately available to investigate
conformational changes in a chloride ion channel related to gating.
We have well-ordered, two-dimensional crystals of this channel that
are suitable for high-resolution studies (cf. Mindell et al. [2001]
Nature 409: 219-223).  The candidate will join a multidisciplinary
team working in the field of structural biology.  Our general goal
is to determine the three-dimensional structures of proteins and
macromolecular complexes using high-resolution electron cryo-microscopy.
Electron microscopy is a rapidly developing technique to explore a
large number of cellular structures with medical and biological
importance.  We have a well-established electron microscope facility
and equipment for protein purification, sample preparation, and
image processing.

The ideal candidate will have a background in biochemistry, electron
microscopy, or X-ray crystallography.

Please send e-mail inquiries to niko at brandeis.edu.

Formal applications, which should include a CV, statement of research
interests, and the names, addresses, and e-mails of three references,
should be sent to:

  Dr. Nikolaus Grigorieff
  Brandeis University - MS029
  415 South Street
  Waltham, MA  02454-9110
  USA

Brandeis University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list