postdoctoral position in Albany, New York

Rajendra Agrawal agrawal at wadsworth.org
Tue May 29 17:29:38 PDT 2001

Dear Friends,

I have the NIH-funded postdoctoral positions available in my lab to study
the molecular basis of the conformational changes of various
ribosome-binding protein factors and their relevance in protein
biosynthesis. This will be explored by combining molecular tagging of
single amino-acid residues and visualizing them in different functional
states using three-dimensional cryo-electron microscopy.

The funding of the positions will start from August 1, 2001. The candidate
should have a previous experience in cloning, site-directed mutagenesis and
protein overexpression. Previous experience in ribosome biochemistry and/or
transmission electron microscopy and image processing would be a big plus.

I would greatly appreciate your help in identifying an enthusiastic
candidate.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Thanking you,

-Rajendra Agrawal

P.S.: I have attached a copy of the advertisement that will appear in June
8 issue of Science. I would appreciate if you can circulate the Ad among
your colleagues and post a copy on the notice board of your department.