postdoctoral position

George Harauz gharauz at uoguelph.ca
Mon Jul 30 08:57:46 PDT 2001

Dear Colleagues - below my signature line, please find descibed
a postdoctoral position that is available immediately.  Although
I mention NMR, I would also be interested in any other applicants
with experience in membrane protein biology and cryoTEM.  Thank you.

George Harauz, Ph.D., Dept. of Molecular Biology and Genetics,
University of Guelph, 50 Stone Road East, Guelph, Canada, N1G 2W1
Phone: (519)-824-4120, ext 2535;   FAX: (519)-837-2075
gharauz at uoguelph.ca  or  http://www.uoguelph.ca/mbgwww/index.html
http://www.physics.uoguelph.ca/BIG  or  http://msc.rsvs.ulaval.ca

Postdoctoral Position Available

A position for a Postdoctoral Fellow / Research Associate is
available immediately, and is funded for 3 years by a Canadian
Institutes of Health Research Grant.  Our laboratory is interested
in the structures of myelin basic protein isoforms, and the roles
that they play in myelin sheath formation, and as the primary
autoantigen in multiple sclerosis.  We apply numerous biochemical
and biophysical approaches including 2D crystallisation and
electron microscopy, mass spectrometry, CD, EPR, molecular
modelling and dynamics, and are now embarking on high-resolution
structural studies using solution NMR.  We are especially seeking
an individual to work in NMR; this person will be based in the
laboratory of Dr. Mitsu Ikura, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto,
as part of a collaborative effort, with joint supervision.

Recent Ph.D. graduates with experience in protein expression and
purification, and a strong interest in structural biology, are
encouraged to apply.  Experience in NMR is desirable but not
necessary.  Salary will be commensurate with experience.

To apply, please submit a cover letter stating career goals and
interests, a brief Curriculum Vitae, and the names of 3 references
to:

Dr. George Harauz
Director, Biophysics Interdepartmental Group
c/o Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics
University of Guelph
Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
N1G 2W1

Phone:     (519)-824-4120, ext 2535
FAX:       (519)-837-2075
E-mail:    gharauz at uoguelph.ca

Relevant publications:

I.R. Bates, P. Matharu, N. Ishiyama, D. Rochon, D.D. Wood, E.
Polverini, M.A. Moscarello, N.J. Viner, G. Harauz. Characterization
of a recombinant murine 18.5 kDa myelin basic protein. Protein
Expression and Purification 20, 285-299, 2000.

D.R. Beniac, D.D. Wood, N. Palaniyar, F.P. Ottensmeyer, M.A.
Moscarello, G. Harauz. Cryoelectron microscopy of protein-lipid
complexes of human myelin basic protein charge isomers differing in
degree of citrullination. Journal of Structural Biology 129, 80-95,
2000.

M. Osawa, H. Tokumitsu, M.B. Swindells, H. Kurihara, M. Orita, T.
Shibanuma, T. Furuya, M. Ikura. A novel target recognition revealed
by calmodulin in complex with Ca2+-calmodulin-dependent kinase
kinase. Nature Structural Biology 6, 819-824, 1999.

with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list